Graduate School Admission
A duly accomplished application form must be submitted to the Graduate School with the following documents:
- One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of Official Transcript of Records, in English, for each college previously attended
- Undergraduate transcript is required for Master’s degree applicants
- Undergraduate and Master’s degree transcripts are required for PhD applicants
- One photocopy of each certificate or diploma received
- Two accomplished recommendation forms from former professors for Masters degree applicants. FFor PhD, a third recommendation from a major professor is required. These must be sent to the Graduate School by mail or handcarried by the applicant or a representative in sealed envelopes.
- Proof of payment of non-refundable application fee of PHP 500. Payment options include:
- Direct cash payment at the UPLB Cashier’s Office
- Postal money order remitted to the UPLB Graduate School
- JRS and LBC courier payment services
- For 9 & 10, payments are to be addressed to the:
The UPLB Graduate School
UPLB, College, Laguna
A duly accomplished application form (GS Form 1) must be submitted to the Graduate School together with the following documents:
- One original and one photocopy of Official Transcript of Records (TOR) in English, for each college previously attended
- One photocopy of each certificate or diploma
- Two accomplished recommendation forms from former professors. If applicant has completed a master’s degree, a third recommendation from the major professor is required. Send this in a sealed envelope to the Graduate School by separate mail or hand-carried by the applicant, or by a representative.
- Certification that English is the medium of instruction in previous degree/s by the University Registrar or results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). If English is not the medium of instruction or the TOEFL score is below 500, an applicant is required to take the English Proficiency Examination (EPE) in UPLB.
- A nonrefundable application fee of USD 40 as application fee. Payment is accepted through bank transfer to the Philippine National Bank with Account No.: 399-692-7000-21, Swift Code: PNBMPHMM payable to Graduate School. A copy of the bank transaction should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as proof of payment. The original bank transaction must be presented upon admission together with the original documents (TOR & Diploma).
Applications lacking the required documents will not be processed until after all the papers are received by the Graduate School. Processing will then commence at the earliest succeeding evaluation period.
An applicant to a degree program may be admitted on either regular or provisional status. Regular admission is offered to an applicant whose academic records and supporting documents indicate that he/she is qualified to undertake graduate study in his/her chosen field. Provisional admission is offered to an applicant whose academic records and supporting documents indicate deficiencies but show promise of success in graduate study. An applicant must meet the specific requirements of his/her admission before his/her provisional status can be changed to regular. An applicant who fails to meet the terms of provisional admission is disqualified from the intended program of study.
Deferment of Admission
An applicant who cannot enroll in the semester for which admission was offered may send a written request to the dean of the Graduate School to have his/her admission deferred for a period not exceeding one year. If the request is approved, the student cannot register for graduate course work as a non-degree or special student in UPLB while his/her deferment is in effect.
An applicant for non-degree or special programs may be offered admission to the Graduate School but not to any graduate degree program upon recommendation of the Graduate Admissions Committee of the department for which the applicant intends to enroll courses. The recommendation must be endorsed by the Department Chair and approved by the Dean of the Graduate School. An applicant admitted on non-degree status may take a maximum of 12 units of course work for credit but shall not be allowed to enroll for more than one semester, except by special permission of the dean of the Graduate School and the Registrar. An applicant admitted on special status shall not be allowed to enroll more than 9 units a semester or to register for more than 2 years, except by special permission of the Dean of the Graduate School; subjects taken shall not be credited.
An applicant seeking readmission to a degree program shall undergo the same procedure as that of a newly admitted graduate student. Applications for readmission to a graduate program can be made only once.
Applicants who are denied admission due to lack of preparatory or fundamental courses in the intended graduate program of study may have their applications reconsidered only after submission of additional documents not submitted at the time of original evaluation. Applicants denied admission due to poor academic credentials are discouraged from reapplying for admission.