To celebrate our 100th Loyalty Day, UPLB is hosting Isang Daan sa Isang Minuto: The Centennial Loyalty Day Video Making Contest.
Loyalty Day commemorates the moment in UPLB’s history when hundreds of students and faculty volunteered to join the Philippine National Guard in 1918. This act of courage and willingness to serve continues to resonate even today.
Isang Daan aims to celebrate UPLB’s spirit of volunteerism by inviting UPLB students to feature in a creative video format the importance and impacts of public service among mga Iskolar ng Bayan and inspire others to do the same.
- The contest is open to all UPLB students. Participants may submit an entry individually or as a group.
- The video must feature UPLB and celebrate its culture of volunteerism and public service
- Video must be 30 seconds to 1 minute long, excluding 30 seconds (maximum) of credits and submitted in .mp4 format
- Video can be in the form of narrative, video blog (vlog), or short film.
- Entries must be submitted in a CD to the Office of Alumni Relations (in front of UHS) with the following information:
- Name/Group name
- Participants’ photo/group photo
- Social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
- E-mail address
- Photocopy of UPLB Student ID/s
- Contact Number
- Submission period is up to September 14, 5PM.
- Winning entries will be announced and uploaded on October 8 through the OAR Official Facebook Account and shared by official UPLB social media accounts.
Content (40 pts)
Highlights the beauty and uniqueness of UPLB (15 pts.)
Gives the viewer a vibrant picture of life in the university (10 pts.)
Encourages fellow Isko’t Iska to join in volunteerism and public service (15 pts) – this will be done via online voting through social media.
Effectiveness (30 pts) – successful communication
Content is relatable and understood by broad audience (10 pts.)
Creative use of video format (10 pts.)
Clarity of message (10 pts.)
Quality (30 pts.)
Time constraints are met and effectively used (10 pts.)
Visuals are clear, effective, and appropriate for the topic (10 pts.)
Text, music, narration is clear and appropriate for the topic (10 pts.)
Php10,000 – Grand prize winner
Php5,000 – 1st runner up
Php3,000 – 2nd runner up
Other notes and reminders:
- Only one entry per student will be acknowledged.
- The grand prize winner will also be featured in an article to be uploaded in the UPLB and OAR website and social media accounts. It will also be shared to the UPLB Alumni Association Facebook group.
- By joining this competition, participants will sign and abide by the terms of the Copyright Transfer Agreement. The form will be provided by OAR upon submission.
Share this on: